Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tottenham Hotspur

I am a Tottenham Football fan. (By this I mean, of course, that I support Tottenham Hotspur in soccer.) The strange thing is, I don't know why I support Tottenham. I know that I had no allegiance to any English Premier League team before I came here, and it would make sense to support Arsenal who trains near where I live and is the top team right now (when I started supporting Tottenham they were third worst), or even to support Chelsea who's stadium is not far away and is a top three team, but I whole heatedly support Tottenham.

I can't tell you where Tottenham is on a map, why they are called Hotspur, name a single player on the team, or even tell you the color of the Tottenham jersey. Admittedly, I have never seen them play a game. But for some reason it feels like I have always been a Tottenham fan. In actuality I decided I was a Tottenham fan on Sunday, October 28, but I'm not sure I can vividly remember a time when I didn't support Tottenham. I suppose when you know something is right, it's right, and it's been right forever even if it wasn't realized.

So GO SPURS! I hope our best player scores many goals in the next match against whomever we are playing, and I hope my team wears those one jerseys I will inevitably like, and I hope to be watching it while sitting in The Bull (my favorite pub) surrounded by other life long Tottenham fans.

No comments: