Sunday, September 23, 2007

Have you felt the bubbles melt yet?

I had a candy bar the other day called "Aero" with the tag line "have you felt the bubbles melt?" I thought this sounded like an exciting adventure into foreign candy land, and I imagined a candy bar with the frightening yet harmonious marriage of chocolate and Pop Rocks. I thought that my experience with this candy bar would be equal to that of the first American who heard the Spice Girls and thought, "Wow, the UK has something really special here. I can't wait to bring this to America."

Needless to say, I was disapointed to discover that an Aero bar is a chocolate bar infused with, well, nothing. It is chocolate and air. The "bubbles" are just air. "Have you felt the disapointment melt yet?" Chocolate with air bubbles will do the trick. It's a good thing the Jelly Babies I bought were awesome, or I might have to boycott English candy (sweets as they'd say) all together.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You gotta try any kind of Walker chips you can find. All of them are good but there are these Thai Red Pepper one's that are unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

How many doner kabobs have you had so far?

Unknown said...

Are you happy that you are out of the country now that there is no doubt that Drew Brees sucks (4 ints and 0 TDs tonight). The emotional abuse from your dad would be horrible.

Brandon Till said...

Wow, it's great to see people are actually reading this.

Matt, I'm heading to the store tonight so I'll definitly give those chips (crisps) a try.

Clark, sadly, no kababs thusfar, but I assure you that shame travels across seas. Matt & Dad, you never have to listen to me about fantasy foodtball again.

Eric Nelson said...

The doner, i mean a real one, will be tough to find in the uk, unfortunately. you might be stuck with $40 fishnchips and $80 curries.

Brandon Till said...

I had my first curry on Friday. It was awesome. The best part is the hour you spend in the bathroom the next morning.